Thursday, March 11, 2010

Rest Day

I've upped my training days from 4 to 5 in hopes of increasing speed. But, this leaves me with only 2 rest days a week. This is good and bad.

Today is one of those rest days and I find myself thinking "What am I going to do with all the extra time?"

I know today I'll be doing some yoga, working out the kinks. I have a lingering tight quad that doesn't hurt during the day but does during the beginning of my runs. Weird. And I can't seem to get it out with massage. Who knows?

I've also started wearing my UA calf compression sleeves as a recovery tool. I find they are too restrictive to wear while running, but I think they speed my recovery in hours and days after. That in addition to implementing yoga and a good amount of stretching has really cut back on my "overuse" style aches and pains I was getting leading up to the Mercedes. I am also still icing my shins and knees, more of a preventive measure than anything.

I don't know too much else, except I didn't realize I am signed up for 4 races in 6 weeks: April 24, May 1, May 8 and May 31. Don't know how that happened ;)But I am excited about each and every one of them.

No comments: