Not too much new to report this week. I went to the gym 3 times and rode the bike. I also started a new ab routine that is geared towards runners and strengthening your core how it's used while running. That probably doesn't make sense, but whateva! It's majorly tough, but feels so good. And who doesn't want to have her beach stomach ready?
John's dad is coming in town to help us with some house repairs this weekend. Thank goodness, because it would be a disaster if we tried to do it ourselves. We're also too cheap to pay someone to do it. :) We've been living without a light in our hallway for weeks now! And yes, I know how to change lightbulbs and that's not the problem.
I was going to do this "Walk like MADD" 5k tomorrow, walking only, but my friend and I decided we're not in shape for it. She has crazy bad allergies right now, and I shouldn't put that kind of stress on my leg. I am just hoping so hard that it's well enough to run in Talladega. It's so hard for me to rest. Especially since it's been GORGEOUS weather recently and all these runners are out. Makes me jealous. Ok, going to cut off this post before I get all dramatic and whiny about not being able to run.
2 comments:
Not being able to workout is the worst! It's one thing not working out because you don't want to, but not working out because of an injury or playing it safe is like torture.
I too am taking it light because of an injury. I messed up my back doing squats in January. I got off-balance on one rep (trying to go too fast) and corrected myself wrong. Big mistake. Felt it instantly. Took 1 week off, did dead-lifts and boom, felt it again. I didn't let it rest long enough. So now I'm taking 3 months off. Not fun but better than not being able to bend over! All my progress is slipping away, but it's better than being hurt.
Hope your legs feel better soon. Remember back in high-school being able to do anything you wanted all day and never being sore? I feel like I'm 40 sometimes.
Yes! I remember the good ol' days when I could run faster, jump higher, and feel no pain. *sigh*
My leg feels a lot better today (1 on the pain scale instead of 8 or 9) but I'm going to hold off running for a few more days hoping to go down to zero. These beautiful days make it so hard to not get out there.
3 months is a long time--did you see a doctor? What is your diagnosis?
Post a Comment