In this house, running is a family sport. I definitely couldn't run these races if it weren't for John. He is the best leg massager, and brings me gatorade, water, and ice after my runs. I really don't think I could do it without him!
Yesterday was my first "long" run since the half marathon in February. I did an 8-miler on Madison's Indian Creek greenway. I had never run there before, and I am so mad I didn't know about it earlier. It's beautiful, not sketchy at all, and there were at least 100 people walking/running/biking there yesterday. It's a 4 mile (round trip) path, so I just ran it twice. I ran about a 10:30 pace. Slower than I'd like to be but I always have to remind myself "run at conversational pace" when doing these long runs. Especially since I haven't done anything longer than 4 miles in almost a month!!
I was feeling it a little at the end, but that's alright. So, if you're anything like me, the last thing you want to do when you get back from a run is sit around (can we say stiffness?) so some friends of ours came over and we hiked Rainbow Mountain, which is pretty much in our neighborhood.
Ok, so while I didn't exactly want to just lay down, hiking up and down a steep mountain probably wasn't the best idea either ;) We had to take a couple breaks for my legs. I am not used to being the weakest, but that's ok. I didn't care at that point!
So, that's what we did yesterday. I am also trying to be more concious about the food I'm taking in, and using "food as fuel." But, my new favorite are Clif bars. Delicious!
Enough rambling. Time to get out in the beautiful day and do some yardwork!
4 comments:
I love your blogs recently. You are inspiring me as I am struggling major with motivation.
1) How do you say pekeri?
2) I love Clif Bars
3) When I think about running 13.1 miles I think it will be awesome b/c I will see long lost friends like you and Asi.
YAYAY
I'm glad I can help you, even a little! Pikermi is pronounced "pee-KER-mee" spread the word!! And, yes, those 13.1 miles WILL be awesome!
What do you think about when you run for that long? I have a hard time keeping a pace because my mind wanders.
I think about... nothing.. and everything. Just whatever is in my mind. I usually zone out or am thinking "1 more mile" or "30 more minutes" or whatever. Or just mouth the lyrics to whatever's playing on the pod!
Post a Comment