Thursday, March 18, 2010

Feelin' down

Well, I mentioned a couple days ago that my right calf was very tight. Unfortunately, this tightness hasn't subsided yet. It makes me worried for the 10-miler I'm supposed to run this weekend (you know, the one where I'm going to finish last). I haven't tried to run on it yet and have just been stretching.

I have softball practice today, so we'll see how it feels there.

I wonder if anyone on the team will say anything... I'd wager to say I look a bit different than at the end of last season (more toned legs, hopefully skinnier, and darker hair, haha). I'll be first to admit I had gotten a little "thick."

Speaking of thick, I made these fantastic oatmeal, peanut butter, chocolate chip cookies last night. The recipe was huge though, I think it made almost 5 dozen 2-inch cookies. That's what you get for 5 and 1/2 cups of oats!! If there are any left, I'll take a picture and post them tonight.

This is a random post... I am just feeling a bit down about my leg hurting, especially since I'm finally *knock on wood* over the shin splints.

Some of you may wonder what all the crap is on my legs when I run. I wear a jumper's band below my knees (both now) because they've started to hurt post-run, never during (weird). I am hoping the extra support will alleviate that pain. The tape across my shins is to sort of hold my muscle to bone and prevent shin splints. I don't really NEED it anymore, but it doesn't bother me, so I figure, why not? Sometimes I forget and it's no big deal.

I also prefer to run in a baseball cap as opposed to headbands or anything else. No particular reason why, just preference. I don't like to run in tank tops because it makes my armpits chafe. yuck. and ouch.

Anyway, enough rambling. I wish this post had a picture for visual interest... but I'm at work so no luck.

No comments: