This game is kickin' my butt! It is really hard! You can choose different tracks to start with and I chose the 9-week intermediate program. It is a sort-of circuit workout where you mix some cardio in with resistance/strength training. Like you can see in the picture, you wear 3 sensors, 2 arms (with heart rate monitor) and one leg. I have done so many squats and lunges in the past week. I tried the Wii Fit when we had a Wii, but this game actually puts me through my paces for about 30 minutes 4x a week and it makes me SWEAT! Case in point: here is me after my 30 minute workout today...
I swear I don't usually use a visor inside, but I went for a 4.5 mile run before putting myself through the paces with the game and it made more sense than getting another headband sweaty. But do you SEE how red my face is? I am also dripping, but that's a little harder to tell in the picture. Anyway, I highly recommend the game. I am actually sore from playing, and I would consider myself in shape, even when it comes to lifting.
So if you're looking for a fun(ish?) way to get a little workout in that tracks heart rate, calories burned, time spent then this is the game for you! I can even put in the time spent running, biking, walking, doing yardwork, etc. and it estimates calories burnt for you! Super fun!!

No comments:
Post a Comment