Tuesday, January 25, 2011

First time for everything

So I was out for a run today (first time in a week, thanks, cold) and was less than a mile from my house, still in my neighborhood when a young, smoking (as in cigarette, not as in attractive) girl in an orange Saturn sped by me, screeched her brakes, threw the car in reverse, honked, and rolled down her window to tell me something:

"Don't you know there's a f-ing sidewalk over there? You're going to get hit by an f-ing car!!"


(I googled redneck girl and this came up. I assume the girl in the car dresses like this on the weekends. Thanks, google images!!!)

I will say, in my neighborhood, I run on the road, not the sidewalk. But in my defense, so do all the runners in my 'hood. Plus today it had rained and the sidewalk was nasty! I run on the paved path next to the main road. Anyway, I didn't say a word, turned, and continued on my way, but this girl left a nasty taste in my mouth for the rest of my run, and I guess I had to share. She was driving way too fast for a neighborhood, but what do you think? Should I run on the sidewalk?

5 comments:

Carol said...

You guys are no help at all!

Jenny Fleming said...

Whoa now, who does that?!! She needs to simmer down and get a life. Run wherever you want. She needs to yield to pedestrians.

Carol said...

Haha, thanks Big Jen! I'll hire you to punish her next time :)

this.ride.called.life said...

HILARIOUS!!!! do what you do!!

Carol said...

It was bananas! No worries, I ran today on the road and didn't see her! Muahahaha.