You know, I have had pretty good luck with my business traveling so far. Today was about a 5/10 on the scale. (10 being I got bumped up to 1st class to sit with Matt Damon and 1 being in the middle seat between two people who don't fit in the seatbelts).
Anyway, the flight from Huntsville to Atlanta took off almost an hour late. They were having "air traffic" issues in Atlanta. Hey, Atlanta, I know I used to live there and everything, but don't you know like 3 months in advance which flights are coming in and when? Anyway, I sat next to this young couple who was moving to Thailand--how cool?! We had a lot to talk about. They just read the book Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell, which John and I just bought (haven't read it yet). But, we talked about Blink and The Tipping Point. Which was very enjoyable. Plus, I was just so amazed that they were moving to Thailand! Cool folks.
So, I had no time to transfer between planes and got to the plane from Atlanta to New Jersey just as it started boarding. So, I boarded, then that plane took off about 45 minutes late (of course, after we're already boarded and have to just sit on the tarmac). However, on this flight, I was stuck between the wall of the plane (window seat) and this guy who was huge. I am a big fan of personal space, and I had none. I had to lean over for the whole flight (almost 2 hours, plus the time on the tarmac) just so we wouldn't be rubbing shoulders. I'm sure this guy didn't mind the touching though-I think he was leaning my direction-yuck! Especially when we started landing, he was all up in my grill.
Then, I went to rent my car, and it took about 45 minutes to get through the line!
Anyway, I made it to the hotel at about 3:00 (after leaving the house at 4AM). Instead of napping I decided to find some lunch, then work out, then catch up on the lecture for my class and do the homework. So, I am all caught up and ready to watch lecture tomorrow (even read the book).
So, it's been a REALLY LONG but productive day. New Jersey has been fine so far, but we'll see how the work goes tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment