Sunday, June 28, 2009

Braves

I haven't posted about the Braves in a while.

First of all, they're driving me crazy. I spend 3 hours almost everyday watching my favorite team try to win ball games. Recently, they've been wasting the great efforts of their starting pitching by scoring 0 or 1 runs. It's ridiculous. Yesterday is the perfect example, Javier Vazquez pitched a gem of a game, giving up 1 run. The lousy Braves couldn't even score 1 run to tie up the game, much less 2 to win.

It's so disappointing.

However, I am not a fair weather fan. I will not give up on my team.

I have high hopes for the Braves. I know that they can turn it around. I don't blame Terry Pendleton (hitting coach) or anyone else. I think it's a team mindset that they need to get over.

At least Frenchy has started hitting.

What do you think about the Braves recently?

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Braves are driving me crazy. How we are only 4-5 games out of 1st, I don't know.

My opinions:
-New hitting coach (sorry TP, you were an incredible player, not-so-great hitting coach)
-New bat. We need some power. We don't have a solid middle bat. Trade Frenchy if you have too or release Garrett Anderson (he looks like he's asleep all the time.)
-Speed. Need a pure leadoff hitter. McClouth is a really good player, but he needs to be hitting 2 or 3. Find someone who is a natural leadoff and a threat on the base paths.

I thought we'd be doing much better than we are. We need someone to fire them up, we don't have a real leader on the team. Chipper is trying more recently, but he's a more lead by example. Gotta get them ready to play!