Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Bored out of my mind

Well, you'd think I'd put on my big girl clothes and find something to do in New Jersey, but I haven't. I've just been hanging out in the hotel for the past 2 days (minus work, duh) and I'm totally bored. I finished the HW for my class, and am going to watch the lecture that was taped today as soon as they post it.

Anyway, I'm totally bored. I worked out for a full hour today after not getting back to the hotel until 5:45. One good thing about this fancy hotel is that they have some super fancy elliptical machines. I've been trying to convince John we should get (a not fancy) one for our house, and if he could see how sweaty I've gotten the past 2 days using that machine, maybe he'd believe me ;) I've been needing to change up my workout, so hopefully this will kick-start my system.

Anyway, I am turning into a sad ball of emotion tonight. Listening to the slow, sad Sugarland songs definitely isn't helping! Just being alone is a good time for self-reflection, and it's hard to realize that I can be a totally harsh/jealous/insert bad adjectives here. In a few aspects of my life, I've been a real nasty person, and I know it's something I need to work on. I think I've always been a person who lets emotions run crazy, and sometimes I need that trait to stay in check, it's so hard though!

I guess I'm ready to be back home. I'm ready to lounge around eating bon bons with John and making him watch trashy TV (Real World/Road Rules Challenge, anyone?). Life just isn't as fun without him around.

Enough mushy feelings and stuff.

Did you read that they found the wreckage of that AirFrance flight from Brazil? They said it seemed like the pilot may have been turning around to head back to Brazil. It's a tragic story. As they were saying, the Airbus A380 had been touted as one of the most dependable planes in the sky. Since the plane crashed in such a deep ocean, they might not even find the black box, which would mean we may never know what happened to those 220 or so folks. Absolutely tragic.

Oddly enough, it doesn't make me scared to fly. There's no way that the pilot could have known that some electrical circuit would blow. Sure, the weather was bad, but how many other planes made it through the same system that day? I mean, that's what makes it so devastating, right? The fact that there was no worries upon take-off. It's a crazy thing to think about.

Anyway, I have posted a lot of text in the last few days, but that's what happens when you're stuck in a hotel with no one to talk to besides your followers out in cyberspace.

I hope you enjoyed this view into my brain, hopefully it wasn't too disturbing :)

2 comments:

John said...

I like you.

Carol said...

It's good to know that someone does.