If you know anything about me and John as a couple, it's that we usually prefer to stay in for date nights as opposed to going out. However, we decided to venture out for a date night last night. Early in the day, we were both getting really mad at the pool and lack of sunlight, so we wanted to turn it around. We went ahead and reserved tickets for a movie at the Monaco theater in Bridge Street. We were choosing between "The Hangover" and "Terminator: Salvation." In the end, we decided the theater experience would be better for Terminator.
So, off we went to a late (for us) movie to see Terminator. I know the reviews have been mixed, but say what you want: it was an awesome action movie. I really liked it and it seemed like a good addition to the Terminator series. I kept telling John on the way home how much I liked it.
Then, we went to dinner at Casa Blanca, our new-found favorite Mexican restaurant. Little did we know that they have live music on Saturday nights! There was just one guy with a guitar, and he was playing all of my dad's favorite songs. (Brown-eyed girl, My baby does the hanky panky, Margaritaville, etc). He was really good, and the food was really good.
Overall, it was a great date night, and totally took our minds off all the negative stuff that we had going on.
We're looking forward to a short week and celebrating our anniversary on Wednesday!
Carol
1 comment:
Sounds like yall had a great night!
I saw Terminator while I was in Ohio and I thought it was great. There were some things I didn't like but overall it was a really good movie and I hope they continue the series with the current plot.
Post a Comment