I love sharing these kinds of things with you, because I know most of you probably don't know what the heck a green monster is!
Well, to the blender add:
1 frozen banana
1 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 cup skim milk
1 scoop protein powder (mine was chocolate)
1 heaping handful of SPINACH! (No, that's not a typo)
Voila...
Can you believe I drank that??
As much as I didn't believe it, I swear you don't taste the spinach and it really packs a nutritional punch.
Go ahead, make your own... I dare you! Then, once you have, share it with me! Here's a helpful hint: most people start with a base of banana and ice. A lot of folks add peanut butter. You know, just make a delicious smoothie and add a heaping handful (or two if you're brave) of raw spinach.
4 comments:
We will have to try that. I make smoothies in the morning. Usually it is:
1 cup apple juice
1 cup soy milk
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 cup mixed berries
1 cup yogurt
This makes two adult servings and 1 toddler serving.
I have a friend at school that makes one with
1 pkg frozen lemonade
1 whole lime
several handfuls of spinach
2 cups ice
It sounds terrible but it is really good. Sometimes she adds gingerale and I like that a little better.
Mariah, of all the smoothies I've ever had, I've never thought of apple juice as a base! Sounds delicious! I'll have to try that and the lemon/lime on as well. Thanks for the tips :)
oh carol... that sounds gross!
I know it sounds gross but it's really not bad! Promise! Be brave!
Post a Comment