Here's what a 25-year old girl does on her 4th anniversary.
Wake up at 5:00 and eat breakfast.
Mmmm... blueberry mini wheats. These were an impulse buy at Publix and they're pretty good.
Then I played with and fed these goobers. Fiji doesn't like the flash of the camera at 5:30 AM. Then I left for work.
I jammed out to Glee. Don't worry, I was at a stop light. I arrived at work around 6:10, a little earlier than usual.
Went to Atlanta Bread Company for lunch (no picture, whoops) and then went to our friends' Doug and Stephanie's house to feed their cats.
Can you spot them all? Lily, Kermit, and Penny.
When I went home, it was raining...
I was not at a stoplight for this picture. haha.
When I finally arrived home, it had mostly stopped raining and I snapped a picture of one of our incoming daylilies.
Beautiful!
Since the traditional gift for the 4th anniversary is fruit or flowers (kind of lame, right) John bought me some flowers. But, we wanted ones we could enjoy for the rest of the summer. Say hello!
Pretty flowers! We are going to plant them this weekend. I'll post pictures. This is not all that John gave me for our anniversary, but it's all that I took a picture of. He gave me a hammock (random, I know, but I've been wanting one) so I can lay around and watch the stars. I am lame. Who cares, this is my blog, no making fun of me.
Speaking of gifts, I got John the mack-daddy gift.
Then, John pretty much cooked me dinner. I did a few sous-chef duties (cleaning, fetching) but John did most of the cooking, per usual.
Chopping sweet potatoes
Here is our anniversary table, all set with food.
How romantic, right?? :) We had steak, roasted sweet potatoes, and broccoli.
Finally, we made a cookie cake.
It was a major fail. Totally not done in the middle. But, it was a peanut butter chip/chocolate chip cake. The edges are delicious. We're going to save the middle and put it on ice cream or something.
Well, that was my day. If you made it all the way to the end, I commend you. Feel free to come over and get a piece of gooey cookie cake.
A few things that didn't make it into the blog for the day: we went swimming and I went for a bike ride. I didn't get pictures of either. It is hard to take pictures of everything all day. Sigh. My bike ride was awesome though.
Thanks for 4 great years John, maybe next year I can make a successful cake? But, if a gooey cake is all we have to be worried about, I'd say we're doing alright, no? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment