Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Birthday Post

I had a fantastic 25th birthday, and it's not over yet! Yesterday was officially my birthday, but my parents came to town this past weekend. My mom and I walked the 10k Run Through The Roses.  I was going to run, and actually did for the first 3 miles. Then, I realized my legs were like bricks from the half marathon and my pace was terrible. So, I turned around and met my mom. She wasn't far behind. We had a great time chatting and walking.  She took a picture of us before the race, but I don't have a copy yet.  I thought the bibs were very cute, though, and here's a pic!


I just liked the logo :)

Then, I got a reminder that Spunky came to our home 1 year ago yesterday!  As a reminder, he got in a gift box. 

Fiji joined in the fun, too. They remind me everyday that they're a gift. Even if I don't believe it!! Hahaha :) It's been a great year, Spunky!

I received some great gifts from my favorite people including a cookie cake from my co-worker Kristina, 4 double doozies from Doug and Stephanie, some great running gear and some bling :) No pictures of the gifts, maybe at some point.

Finally, John let me pick dinner yesterday. I didn't want to go out. I thought I wanted steak, but then I realized I didn't. So, we cooked the steak, roasted some veggies, and threw it on a pizza. Behold the DELICIOUS creation...


Guess whose side had all the veggies :) 

All in all, a great 25th birthday.  To finish the celebration, we're going to The Melting Pot on Saturday after my next 10k. Hopefully my legs aren't as tired by then.

3 comments:

tom said...

Happy Birthday..!

On a side note, I had no idea I was older than you..

Carol said...

I'm an old soul :) hahaha

Even after almost 3 years, I am STILL the youngest employee in my office.

Now you know!

Ryan said...

Happy belated birthday!