Friday morning started just like any other morning, with a Clif bar, water, glucosamine and a daily vitamin.
I also did some preventative icing on my shin.
After a 2-hour non-eventful drive to Nashville, we arrived at the expo:
Welcome!
We met Tim and Christina. Obvs, this is me and Christina. I bought some new running shorts. They're blue and super cute (not pictured)
John and Tim at some booth.
Then, we went to Pancake Pantry, a classic Nashville eatery. Luckily there were no super long lines.
I got the sweet potato pancakes with maple cream syrup. Holy delicious-ness on a plate. O.M.G.
Tim, Christina and I went to dinner at Fido. Another Nashville spot. It's a sandwich/coffee shop. We met another Christina, her husband, Jacob, Kristen, and Susan (Christina #1's sister). Should have taken a picture of the whole group, but didn't. I got a "bachelor" sandwich--PB and Banana on wheat toast. Yummy!
Wake up call at 4AM Saturday. That's me with my water. Clif bar already consumed. Like my foam roller? You better believe I hit that up all weekend whenever we had a couple spare minutes. I'm a believer in the foam roller!
Me, Christina, and Tim all ready to go! My shirt says "find your happy pace" and I did!
John found me at the finish line! Unbelievable. I didn't see him, unfortunately! Can you see how many people are around, even at the finish. Sheer craziness the whole time. There was never a time where I had more than 5 feet of running space.
After crossing the finish, before I got my medal. Double-fisting the water because I'm hardcore like that!
I don't have a pic of me with the medal on. Woops, I'll get a pic of it eventually, but I'm sure you can google image search and find it.
So, there's my Nashville weekend in pictures! I hope you enjoyed it. As I stated last post, I ran in 2:18:07. I'm pretty happy, and on a flatter course, I'm positive I would have broken 2:15, I just didn't know what I was getting into with the hills on this race. Here's the elevation chart, just for good measure.
My pace is in blue (notice the walking breaks, haha) and the elevation is in green. See how there are VERY few flats and that mondo elevation spike at the end? Man. Tough. So many walked at the end.
Total Ascent: 1640, Total Descent: 1756. Yes, it was a net downhill, but it sure didn't feel like it!

4 comments:
Those pancakes were good :)
Yes, they were! Your silver dollar ones looked good, too!
I tasted everyone's at the table :)
Good pictures, Carol! You need to send them to me.
It was so great to see you both.
Great post. Great pictures and very cool chart of the course elevation. That last hill looked brutal based on the spike!
Post a Comment