I will call my relationship with caffeine a love/hate relationship. I depended on it in college a lot to wake me up and keep me alert for 8 AM classes. When I entered the working world, I would drink at least 1 coke/day. (I'm not big on coffee... unless it's supplemented with milk and chocolate via a white mocha from Starbucks..yum. Double yum if it's peppermint)
Anyway, I think that caffeine was having an adverse affect on my health. I was a restless sleeper, irritable in the mornings, etc. Caffeine does have an effect on your whole body--nervous system, digestive system, etc. So about a month ago, I just stopped. No more cokes, no coffee at Starbucks, and limit my chocolate intake (I will never stop eating chocolate. ever.)
Sure, I had to start going to bed at 9:00--which I now LOVE. This is why DVRs were invented, right?
Since I've gone "off" caffeine, I sleep better, and don't have artificial highs and lows of energy. I may not be quite as chipper in the morning, but I am definitely more chipper at 2 PM. I try to have about 80oz of fluid every day. I would say now that 90% of what I drink is water, but after most runs I'll supplement with Gatorade. And I made a pitcher of crystal light last week, which I demolished in 2 days. :)
How do you feel about every college student's favorite drug?
4 comments:
I'm not off coffee - I drink about one to two mugs per day. I drink no cokes during the week nor consume any fast food. I drink about 72 - 80z of water per day, though.
Just can't quit the coffee =).
I don't blame you, I wish I had some get up and go in the morning. No fast food sure is admirable. Do sandwiches count such as firehouse?
I'll have to try Sobe life water. Does it have artificial sweetener?
2-3 cokes.... a day... yum
Post a Comment