Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I wanted to spend a special hello to my awesome dad on Father's Day. Thanks for reading!

This weekend was really fun! My in-laws came in town and we spent Friday night and all of Saturday at Lake Guntersville with his family. Friday was rainy, but it barely rained at all on Saturday (despite forecast of scatted thunder storms all day). We chatted, fished, and most importantly ate a bunch of good food. John and I made this awesome chicken dip to have as an appetizer before lunch, and thankfully it was a hit. John acted as grill-master, which he seems to have adopted as his permanent position at these family get-togethers. The lunch spread included: rib-eye steaks, baked potatoes the size of your face, ginger salad, mozzarella garlic bread (our addition), and green beans. Delicious. We all ate so much we couldn't even eat dinner.

It was also Mark's birthday weekend. So, after lunch we had 2 different cakes and ice cream. There was chocolate-banana cake, lemon cake with orange zest buttercream icing, and Greg's homemade peanut butter ice cream. Delicious as well!

Saturday night we had tennis battle royale! John and I played his mom and Mark. We tied, 4-6, 6-4. Then, when John's mom got tired, his dad stepped in. With the fresh legs, his Dad and Mark beat us 6-3. We were so tired and hot afterwards, but it was really fun! Mark is a menace at the net (he's 6'6" and can basically reach anything).

I meant to take more pictures this weekend, but just didn't! I'll post a picture of the lakehouse later.

We also watched a lot of golf. Go Tiger!

Again, Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there.

Carol

No comments: