Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Dallas and a plane story

I was in Dallas from last Wednesday-late Sunday. I have a bunch of pictures and details to share but I had a total movie moment in the Memphis airport.

My plane from HSV took off about 30 minutes late. I had a 45ish minute layover. My plane to DFW took off on-time. We landed from HSV in Memphis (MEM? Not sure) and I was doing my best fast-walk-kinda-jog-run thing through Terminal A. I finally got to the hub (? where all the terminals meet) and heard "Attention all passengers to Dallas Flt #### (my flight) this is your final boarding call." In my head I said "Oh HECK NO I AM NOT MISSING THIS FLIGHT!" And I took off running towards gate B13. Let me tell you how spaced-out Memphis' gates are: VERY! So I am running over people, blah blah blah, I get to the gate and the door to the breezeway is closed.

I dropped my roller bag, purse, and self to the floor and said "noooooooooooooooo!!" There wasn't a single employee standing at the counter or anything.

Thankfully, a Delta employee saw me and offered to check and see if they would let me board anyway! After a nervous 2 minutes, they opened the door for me and I think I said thank you 20x. I would have hugged her, but I was sweaty after run-jog-walking for 10 minutes.

I took my seat on the near-capacity plane and apologized to the dude next to me for stinking it up.

My flight was supposed to leave at 2:40 and I got on the plane at 2:39. I probably held up the line and everyone on the plane, but a HUGE thank you to Delta for sacrificing for me. Thank goodness because the next flight to Dallas wasn't until 8PM or something crazy like that.

It wasn't the first time I've done the airport run, and I'm sure it won't be the last. But at least this one had a dramatic and happy ending!

3 comments:

AmandaE said...

I was in Texas this weekend too! We flew into DFW on Friday and back out on Sunday. My husband is really looking forward to this weekend!

Carol said...

What were you doing in TX?

AmandaE said...

I was there for a friend's wedding.