looked like. I figured I spent $XXX,XXX on this house- I will live in it like I please! Now- suffice it to say Carol did not agree with me on that. So- about a year ago she convinced me to start replacing our fence. Why start there? Well- here is a picture of how the entire thing looked at the start of this project. That doesn't look so bad does it? I guess I can see why Carol wanted me to do something about it... but I am not very handy when it comes to household repairs/upgrades.Well, I headed out to Lowe's and picked up about 35 pickets, 5 gallons of ugly brown paint and got to work. After 2 days of painting I put the pickets in the garage to dry. This brings us to last week (yea- I procrastinate.. meh). I finally got them out and started to replace the fence! After 2 weeks of work, 60 more pickets from Lowe's and a great tan, I am about finished.
Now the fence looks..... less
terrible. I am not saying it is great now, it is still brown, but it is WAY better than before. Our yard was also full of the silly purple weeds- After mowing them down once, they started growing entirely too quickly for my taste. So I got up early Friday and spread a bag of weed n feed to annihilate them. This junk is expensive, but man does it work! As of today the dandelions and purple flowers are wilting and looking wonderfully pathetic. After spreading the turf builder I continued on in the yard by cleaning the gutters, clearing the flower beds, and edging the pool area.While I was literally waiting for the paint to dry on the fence I was also able to start working on the pool for this year. The first year we moved here I did a poor job of upkeep and
ended up with a months worth of black sludge cleanup in the pool. Since then I have been infintely more diligent with my chemicals. As of today the pool looks ready to go. We have already spent a fair amount of time in those chairs just relaxing. Well, I guess I have spent enough time writing and posting picture. I am sure there is something else that needs to be worked on. Like I said- I don't know what has gotten into me!
2 comments:
Working in the yard is a slippery slope.
Once you start, there's always something else to do ... and you're never done.
Been there, still doing that :).
Haha you're right, Tom. It's like laundry and dishes. Once you finish, here comes something else. Sigh.
Post a Comment