Ok, so, this low-carb lifestyle is all about changing how your body uses energy. Basically, right now, I'm training my body to burn fat instead of carbohydrates for energy.
Yesterday, my body did NOT want to cooperate. I was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (yes that many o's) tired. I could barely hold my head up to drive home from work, I seriously was seconds away from pulling over to take a nap but all the lights were green. All I could think about was falling asleep and laying down and not doing anything for the rest of the day. This was at 3:30, people! this is not normal!
However, today I am FULL of energy. My body feels great, I had enough energy to ride my bike for 45 minutes, wade around in the pool, and do push-ups/crunches.
If you are skeptical about the low-carb diet, I really encourage you to read more about it and understand the science behind it. Anyway, even if it's not working, I feel like it's working already. Eating this much meat has sort of a built-in "don't eat too much" thing working for it. I mean, I can only eat so many meatballs (dinner) but I could eat about a whole cake before I got tired of it.
Anyway, I think it's going well. this isn't to say it's easy, today I had a sandwich for lunch without the bread...so just deli meat and cheese. It was funny, and I felt like a loser, but I felt satisfied and full hours later, and never bloated like usual.
Anyway, I know it's only been a few days, but I am believing in Protein Power!
No comments:
Post a Comment