Friday, January 9, 2009

Off course

I started this blog mostly as a way to get out my thoughts, even if no one wanted to read them. Instead as my reading base grew to mainly relatives and family friends, it has started to become more of a "what's new with us" check-in. Not that this is a bad thing. After all, we moved away from our family, and calling just to say "we watched football for 8 hours today" isn't really going to happen. But, I realized that I'm not really saying anything.

So, I'm going to try to turn my blog around. Of course, I'll still post family updates, pictures of Fiji, and new stuff with the house, but I'm going to try to make it more meat and less fluff.

That being said, there is not much of important going on right now. I made it through the first week back of work. It was hard, and my brain feels like a slush puppy. But, working is good, and it makes me feel like an equal contributor in our household. John is such a good husband, treating me as an equal, and doing his fair share of work around the house. I'm lucky in that sense. We're still learning about each other, appreciating each others' quirks and traits. I can't believe we've been married for 2 and a half years.

I'll quit boring you now! I hope you enjoy the new direction of the blizog.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

2 and a half years. Wow, seems like just a few months ago we were at your wedding. Congrats!