We had a good time at John's company's Christmas party. Unfortunately, we didn't win the plane tickets or dinner to Ruth's Chris. That's alright, the food was delicious anyway! It was probably the best prime rib I've had at a function like this.
Today I've been playing with my mixer! I made some heart-shaped Christmas cookies. A heart is the only cookie cutter I have!! I did decorate them with red and green sprinkles, though :) Of course, the cookies were from scratch, and so was the frosting! (Thanks, marthastewart.com) The first batch I did cooked for too long and were a little crispy for John and my tastes. The second batch, though, was perfect! You may not know, but my favorite cookies are sugar cookies with frosting and sprinkles! So, I was happy that this inaugural attempt turned out pretty good. Good enough to make me want to do it again, anyway :)
Next up for recipes is the cake to go with my beehive pan from Williams-Sonoma. It's a honey cake with a honey glaze. It sounds really good! I really think that this new toy is going to help with my confidence in my baking.
A lot of people have said they don't use theirs as often because it's a pain to clean. I wholeheartedly disagree! It's no harder to clean than a handheld mixer and bowl. And if you give the appliance itself a quick wipe-down after every use, then it shouldn't ever get really gunky.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to my 2-day work week. I have a couple of things I need to get done at work before Tuesday, so here's hoping that happens :)
Hope all your shopping is done! I know that the stores around here have been packed! Thankfully we're done! Now all I have to do is bake :)
Merry Christmas!!
Carol
3 comments:
I bet I am the only one who reads this anymore.... and I live with you!!! I bet you would like it if your Daddy left a message on here for you....
I would indeed like that. At least I have one faithful reader :)
+1 reader to the list
Christi has a mixer like that and she loves it. It makes baking a lot of things much easier and faster. Heck, I can even use it! You'll be a pro in no time!
Merry Christmas Eve Eve!
Post a Comment