Sunday, December 28, 2008

Back to Work

There are a few things that are better about being in school than working. Vacation around holidays is one of them. For example, my company gives 6 holidays per year. New Year's Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day. Any other day I have to take vacation days for. When I was in college, I'd get off like 3 or 4 weeks for Christmas! What I'm trying to say is, I miss the weeks that we'd have during college to spend time with family and friends. For some reason, I convinced myself that only taking off half a week for Christmas break was a good idea. The break was not long enough, and I think we hurt some people's feelings by not being 100% available. That just stinks.

I have to go back to work tomorrow, blech. I think most people will still be on "Christmas vacation" and us few devoted workers will be back to the grind. I hope my readers who are still in college are enjoying their time off. And I hope that my readers who have joined the real world are as miserable as me :)

I'm going to go relish the last few hours of my Christmas vacation by watching a movie with the hubbers and playing with the cat :) She has been very playful and cute since we came back from Marietta. Maybe she knows we're planning to build her a cat condo and thinks her good behavior will convince us to build a totally awesome one (like we weren't planning on that anyway)

Enough rambling.

Carol

2 comments:

Ryan said...

I know what you mean about being miserable and having to go back to work. Out of ~60 people in my organization, there were about 5 there this week.

College had the best vacation. You don't appreciate it until you're in the "real world" and get only 1 (2 if you are lucky!) days for Christmas.

Lauren said...

I learned my lesson my first two years of the corporate grind and this year, took off last wednesday until this upcoming Monday! Ten days of non-working bliss :-) Corporate calendars stink.