Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Long Day

We have been working so hard. going to work at 6:30, coming to the apartment to get a load of boxes, then heading to the house to work for about 5 hours. We're dead tired everyday, but sleeping really well at night. Tonight we feel very accomplished. We finished the living room and dining room!!!

In case you forgot, here's the living room before:


And here's what it looks like now!!!


We absolutely love it! It's going to go great with the coastal theme we've planned. It kinda looks like a sailor or little boy's room, but when we get our furniture in there, it's going to look great.

The dining room before can be seen in my previous post--with tape. I forgot a plain before. But here's the after...



It's a bluish gray (looking very blue in this photo). I wanted something different/unexpected for the dining room, and John was nervous about the gray... but I think I turned him into a believer!! It really compliments the blue in the dining/kitchen area, especially when you can see them both at the same time.

So, finishing up the living area, totally completing the dining room and taking a quick swim took allll afternoon. We're nearly done painting--just have to finish the kitchen, then Saturday is when our friends help us move our furniture. Once we get the furniture in, we'll post again so you can see what the total finished product looks like. For now, thanks for reading, and let me know when you're coming to visit!!

Carol

1 comment:

Ryan said...

We love the colors you chose. I think it will look even better in person. It's surprising how tiring painting, moving, etc is, right? It will be worth it when you are done! Can't wait to see more pics of the progress you are making.