Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Day 2

Today was a good day. Unfortunately, I left John alone at the house 2 times. Once to go to Home Depot for more paint/supplies. Then I left him again to go to a jewelry party hosted by a girl in my sunday school class. In case you've forgotten, here's a picture of the outside of the house:


Today, we accomplished a few things.
1. Finished the second coat of the bottom. This was a little earlier in the day so it still looks a little blue (as opposed to the midnight it looks when it's dark outside)


2. Started the first coat of the top (different color) This picture is taken when it's really dark outside. Not exactly true to the real color, but you get the idea! I think it looks great, and will look even better when we take off the painter's tape and get those crisp white lines!



3. Nearly finished taping the dining room (ran out of tape, count = 4 rolls) Wow, that is some bad lighting. Oh well, see the little strip of moulding that didn't get tape? That's how short we were. Ugh!

So, that's what we (mostly John) accomplished today. Tomorrow we have a softball game at 6:30 so probably won't get as much done as the past couple of days. Hope you enjoyed the pictures!

I'll post again tomorrow.

Carol

3 comments:

Mariah said...

Congratulations- your house is beautiful.

Ryan said...

Looks like everything is coming a long great! Congrats!

Carol said...

Thanks y'all! You'll have to come see it sometime!