So, little did I know how bad the storm from the last post was going to get. All of Huntsville and Madison are out of power.
Two different tornadoes touched down <2 miles from our house. We're safe. Our house is fine. A tree went down in our next door neighbor's yard and different debris all over the roads. Power lines are down everywhere. People are going crazy driving everywhere to get gas and warm food, but thankfully I had filled up on Wednesday. All the street lights are out, our county is under curfew (can't be out unless it's an emergency from dusk-dawn). It's darker than dark after sundown.
One day this will be a really good story, but for now we are depending on shoddy cell phone service and the battery in the car (for the radio) to get information.
I know the destruction in Tuscaloosa and Birmingham is really bad, but here in the North we are too preoccupied with the destruction here. I haven't heard anything except that the death toll keeps rising.
I hope you and your family are safe.
2 comments:
I'm glad you're safe.
Very happy to hear you are safe. Alabama got hit very hard. Sad to see all of the lives lost. Hopefully something good will come of this. I don't know what though.
Post a Comment