Saturday, July 24, 2010

Boston, Finally

Earlier in July, ya know, two weeks ago. Anyway, we had a blast! Here's a recap in pictures!


The hallowed halls of MIT


I had to take a picture with a Materials Science sign because I'm a total dweeb! Like my Sox hat?


We saw the State House by Boston Common


We saw the cricket on top of Faneuil Hall, as well as going to all the shops :)


We saw the U.S.S. Constitution, "Old Ironsides," and even got to go inside! It's the oldest active warship in the U.S. (I am pretty sure) and as such, it still has a commanding officer. There were about 1,000,000 jellyfish in the harbor right underneath.


John inside. He's not on tippy-toes or anything. I could fit right under the "beams" without crouching, but John had to duck, obviously. Weird, right? This area is where the cots are.



We saw the Union Oyster House, but didn't eat there because we don't like oysters. It is one of the oldest restaurants in the U.S.


We did share a cannoli at Modern Pastry.


We went to Fenway park and saw a minor league baseball game for Future's Day


I think their signage is very unique. Plus, that is Pesky's pole.


The Green Monstah!


Ya know how I said we watched a minor league game? I lied, it rained and we didn't feel like waiting it out.

So, that is a lot of what we did in Boston in pictures. It was truly one of my favorite vacations. I took Junior (my GPS watch) so I could see how far we walked. It was over 20 miles in 3 days. That is a lot of walking! We didn't even rent a car.

In all honesty, it was the first vacation John and I took alone since our honeymoon. 4 years is too long! We'll have to make it a more regular occurrence. All other vacation days have been spent on Christmas, Thanksgiving, and going to the beach with John's family in Destin.

Anyway, if you haven't been to Boston, I highly recommend it! We had a blast and if you like seafood, you'll really love it!

1 comment:

Christina said...

I finally looked at your post about Boston! It looks like you guys had a great trip. I cannot wait until I actually get to see some stuff in that city :) You and John both look great. John looks like a giant on that ship!