Monday, April 20, 2009

Random

Not that it's of any interest to anyone, but I have been focusing on eating right and exercising consistently recently. I have a pretty lofty weight-loss goal, but if I reach that goal, John promised me a dog or a new kitty, so that's pretty good motivation. So, it's been about 2 months since I've started this initiative, and I've lost about 12 pounds-pretty good. It gets hard sometimes, because with all diets and stuff you hit plateaus but ya gotta just motor through. So, in case anyone is interested, here is what I've been doing.

Diet: Focusing on more fruits and veggies, and limiting meat consumption to 1 meal/day. Just last week I added no soft drinks or caffeine, I'm hoping this will push me past my current plateau :).

The decreased meat consumption was difficult at first, but I honestly don't even miss it now, and it just makes me feel really full! Last week's first week of no soft drinks was tough, but thankfully I didn't have any caffeine headaches :)

Exercise: At least 5 days a week I ride my bike for at least 30 minutes. I normally do interval training with a warm-up, 2 minutes moderate, 1 minute intense riding alternating. I have read that interval training is more effective for burning calories. *shrug* On days when I mow the lawn I usually count that as my cardio activity.

So, not that anyone really cares, but that's where a lot of my energy has been focused recently. I think it is working! :) I need to buy new pants anyway, lol.

In other news, we took our final today and we're glad it's done.

3 comments:

Jenny Fleming said...

Congrats on the weight loss! Keep up the hard work.

Carol said...

Thanks, Jenny! :)

Ryan said...

Great work! Seems like it's going well so far. If you hit another plateau, mixing up the workout routine up always works well - for me, anyway. Lean proteins, fruits and veggies are the way to go! Congrats on getting started - that's the toughest part.