Sunday, November 16, 2008

Everybody's workin for the weekend

While we should have been relaxing this weekend before I leave for Detroit, we decided to get some (overdue) work done around the house. We FINALLY finished painting the hallway... since the living room runs into it, it's painted the same gold that our front room is... here's a picture of the finished product.



We also hung up some sconces in the dining room, and have our first 100% complete wall in the whole house!!! Here's a picture of that.



That was all today, Sunday. On Saturday we went and saw Role Models and it was HILARIOUS! I don't recommend seeing it if you have small children, but if you're not afraid of inappropriate humor--it's great! It was so nice to go and see a movie in the theaters. Last movie I saw in theaters was Leatherheads, so it's been a while.

Like I said before, I'm going to Detroit this week, so it's going to be cold. But, I'll be back on Friday and we're having our first Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday! We'll also be receiving our couches for the front room on Friday, courtesy of John's parents. After that, we'll have a house full of furniture and can focus on the walls.

Any food recommendations for Detroit?

Stay warm!
Carol

1 comment:

Jenny Fleming said...

The hallway and finished wall look awesome! Don't you feel accomplished? I love finishing rooms.