Saturday, July 12, 2008

How I workout

Welcome back :)

Since I've started my sit-all-day job, I've had to find a way to work out besides running. I can't just run for fun, to me that is not fun!!! So, I actually didn't realize this until very recently, but all my fun workout gear is pink! I thought it was so funny that I had to take a picture. So, here it is:

I call this area of our apartment my workout corner. So, here is what I do to workout these days.

1. The most fun: tennis! As you can see, I just had my racket restrung with pink strings. You can't really see it in this picture, but I think it looks really, really good! My tennis bag (which John bought me) is also pink (from the Maria Sharapova collection) It says you can fit 5 rackets in there. Maybe one day I'll be good enough to require having a spare racket. Anyway, this is my favorite way to workout, probably because you get to keep score. But, it works on those quick moves and changing direction and sprinting. If you haven't tried it, it's not too hard to pick up, and you only need 1 other person to play with. Doubles is also fun, and you can play forever because you don't move around too much :) Plus, we all know that power deals are made on the golf course and the tennis courts. I need to get good at these "country club" sports so I can be a rainmaker.

2. Biking! The set-up for my bike seen in the picture above is something I had never seen before. First of all the bike is an outdoor bike. It's called a hybrid bike because it has a mix between street and mountain tires. Since I had never really cycled before, it's what the salesman recommended. The thing that's propping up the back tire is a fly-wheel type operation where you can adjust the resistance. However, it is REALLY loud when riding inside. The thing on the front props up the wheel to make it feel like you're riding uphill. After riding this baby inside all winter, the first time I took my bike outside in the spring, I felt like I was going to fall down because I was going "downhill."

3. Walking. Our apartment complex has a 3 mile walking trail around the lake. It's not a regular thing I do, because I'll only go on walks if John comes with me, and it's not his favorite thing to do, but when we finally get off our butts and start walking, we always enjoy that quality time together.

Those are my main favorite ways to work out. I can 100% guarantee that they work when done consistently. Not only are they fun, but the results can be there, too. I guess you could also add softball to this list, but how we play doesn't really qualify for a workout! Speaking of softball, we won our last game 26-0! Yikes! Anyway, since not much is going on, that's the post for the day. If you have any other fun ways to work out, please leave a comment and let me know.


So, get off your tush and do something today! (that's my PSA for today)

Carol

No comments: