Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Office Progress

We've been working hard around the house! We switched places with our workout equipment and office furniture. Here's our new office area:


We used a panoramic picture making program to merge a few pictures, so that's why the floor looks warped! It actually is all one direction, but ya know how that goes.

So, from left to right you can see our Buzz statue to the left of the fireplace, some knick knacks on the mantle. We're hoping to get a cool framed GT print to put above the fireplace to replace the picture of the boathouse there now.  We bought a new rug from Target for under the desk and a new writing desk. We put our diplomas up on the wall over a small bookcase.  That's actually the front door to our house and on the wall to the right are our vintage GT program covers from a calendar. Below the pictures is where Fiji likes to sleep, hehe. The vantage point of this picture is the doorway to the kitchen.

This brings me to another question: do you still have any awards or trophies or other memorabilia from high school? I have a few plaques and other things, but no idea where (if?) to display them at all. The trophy on the mantle is one of the few awards of mine we have out and it's the Atlanta Journal Constitution cup from senior year of high school. Also on display are my tassels from high school and college graduation caps. What do you do with plaques and awards from days gone-by? Are they proudly displayed in your home, in storage somewhere, or do your parents have them at their house?

2 comments:

Jenny Fleming said...

The room looks great! We have some of our plaques featured on the built in bookcase in our living room. I think it's fun to put them up so go ahead!

Carol said...

Thanks Big Jen! I wish we had some built-ins but unfortunately we don't! We don't have that much storage, but maybe I can find some places to put 'em up. I have to decide which, though. I have about 12 plaques I kept...