I am aware I might get flamed for this, but here goes:
Michael Vick just signed a 2-year deal with the Philadelphia Eagles.
This makes me really happy!
In my opinion, Michael Vick paid his debt to society (and then some, but martyrdom is a topic for another day). I am probably in the minority for thinking that he was overly punished. Trust me, I think the way he treated dogs is despicable. But a judge and jury convicted him and he served his term in jail. Now, why does the commissioner see it necessary to suspend him for an additional 6 games? The man has already missed 2 seasons (which the judge deeemed appropriate for the crime) so why is he facing additional punishment?
Donte Stallworth actually killed someone with his car, and only spent 30 days in jail, has community service and is on house arrest. Roger Goodell only suspended him for 1 year without pay.
I don't know, maybe I just liked Vick with the Falcons, maybe I am crazy, but to me the punishment for these two crimes are far from fair!
Feel free to discuss in the comments.
1 comment:
I completely agree with you. I think it's just that fact that people like dogs (and other pets) more than they like people. And they see killing an animal worse than killing a person (in most cases) because an animal is cute and helpless.
I'm glad he signed! I didn't think the Eagles were the best fit but it's better than hearing "former Falcon Michael Vick".
I think he paid his debt. Is he truly sincere? I'm not sure. No matter what he does people will always doubt him. But I hope we can all put it behind us and move on.
I'll be curious to see fans' reactions when he plays again and Dec 6th vs the Eagles should be interesting.
Post a Comment