Not too much going on in life right now, except I'm going to St. Louis next week for work/pleasure! But, I'll blog about that during the week and when I return.
I stumbled across an article on MSN the other day that I can't seem to find anymore, but it was about hardcore spelling/grammar folks. The kind of people that correct others when they use lay instead of lie or vice versa, and things like that. It reminded me of my mom (not in a bad way) but she just HATES the Chick-Fil-A cows because of their lack of ability to spell, e.g. Chikin. She hates that they promote their food by spelling incorrectly. It doesn't really bother me, but I do think it's funny. Maybe that's why I like lolcats.
Anyway, I've never had much of a problem with spelling, unlike most engineers. I even won a couple of spelling bees back in the Elementary/Middle School years. I understand the difference between it's/its'/its and you're/your. However, I don't feel the need to correct people when they use it incorrectly. The people in this article on MSN (wish I had that link!) had been arrested in extreme cases for fixing road signs with grammatical/spelling errors! That is just crazy.
Just because you know that someone spelled something wrong, or misplaced an apostrophe, doesn't mean you need to tell them! I think that know-it-all syndrome is a definite problem. John and I both know several people at our places of work that just think they're right all the time, and any difference in opinion is just plain wrong. It's crazy!
That's my rant/vent/thoughts for the day. Do you know people who feel the need to correct you when you say "I'm going to lay down on the couch?" Don't even get me started on answering the phone with "This is s/he."
Now, I never proofread my blogs, so no yelling at me if I made a spelling or grammar error :)
Its' time to get on with you're life :)
Carol
1 comment:
I know some people like that. Very annoying.
Too funny on the people getting arrested for changing the road signs. Some people.
Post a Comment